Saturday, January 12, 2008

More mojo

I had this sketch in my head all week so I did another card. I had been wanting to use this lighthouse stamp for some time and it seemed to be a good one to fit the sketch. The color combo is basically the same as the Get Well Penguins I did earlier this week. Turquoise, Apricot, Teal, Cameo. The image is colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsoled. The image in the left corner had dimensionals under it to pop it out more. The DP is once again from Dick Blick. They have lots of neat paper scraps you can purchase in a 1 lb package. I have so much in my scrap box now that it's fun to match it up to new projects. The bottom layer is embossed. I also used metallic brads and hemp twine as a little extra embellishment

2 comments:

Liz's Lovelies said...

Hi Lisa,
I was checking out your cards. Is the verse with the lighthouse a stamp? I've been looking for Christian saying to go with lighthouses and I like this saying.
Liz

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card! I love the eyelets in the triangles. Thanks for playing! :)