Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year

I didn't realize it's been over a week since I last posted. Where have the days gone??? I've enjoyed the start of a new year and have been taking it slow and easy the past week. I gave the kids most of the week off school. My two oldest got started back with their math only and then by Thursday I had all 4 kiddos back in their places, trying to get back into their school work. Kind of gave us a jump start to really get going on Monday. During the week I did work on two new cards. One is for my sister's birthday next week and the other for a little girl in the village. I made a goal to send birthday cards out to all the kids who came to VBS last summer. In the card is a reminder to come to Bible Time on Sunday and that they can have a prize from our birthday box when they come. So far no one has missed when they have a birthday. Our attendance in church, Bible time and teen time has been very low the past few months. Please pray that more will attend church services and the God will work in their hearts. Here are the cards that I made this week.

Kids Birthday Card details: SU- Love ya bunches, ( birds and sentiment) Basket full of fun- (butterflies & flowers in background) Birds are colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsoled. I edge distressed the oval. Card stock and ink is from stamping up also.

Sister's Birthday Card details: Stamp sets: Love ya bunches & Tag time (present in background), buttons, gingham ribbon (SU) flowers (TAC) I also paper pieced the wagon with some DP I had in my paper scrap box. The flowers are colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsoled. The lace is from my sewing stash.

2 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I really like the second card. What a great combination of colors and stamps. The lace is an awesome touch.

I hope more come to church even when it's not their birthday to win a prize.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute cards, I loved seeing the pictures from the christmas play ! I can't wait till the next time you can come up and play ! Laurie