Thursday, June 26, 2008

Many Cards....

It's been a long time, friends, and I'm sorry for being so inactive with blogging. Everything went well with the surgeries the end of April. I've been feeling really good lately and we're done with homeschool for a while so I've been busy getting back into the card making. There is a lot on this post so read on... ( if you want to!)This was a really simple, quick and easy card. Not much to it at all.



I used Sweet N Sassy stamps for the sentiment, Stampin Up (mini mates) for the hearts. Ribbon I found at Michaels while I was in Anchorage. Added some teal design paper, nestibilites for the oval shapes.



This layout I had in my notebook. It was pretty easy to make a bunch of cards in this style. The sentiment in from Sweet N Sassy, the flower from Stampin Up, also cut with a scalloped cutter that fits the stamp.

This embossed paper has a velvety texture. The happy birthday sentiment is from Stampin Up. I colored the letters with markers before stamping it and sponged the edges of the paper with ink.



I did the second thank you card first, then used the leftover scraps to make another one with a different layout.

Next are a bunch of Eskimo Girls Birthday cards. I make these for the little girls who have come to our church for VBS or Bible Time on Sunday's.

This is the Polar Pals set from Stampin' Up. I've been making the parkas out of paper with small designs. I made a template so I could trace and cut out the parkas. I stamp out the Eskimo girl first, then put the parka on her. Then I stamp another girl and color her hood & face, cuffs and bottom ruff with prisma color pencils, then gamsol them. Then I cut these pieces out and attach them.


I have a bunch of little parka's all cut out and ready to use, plus all the other pieces that I'll need. So when I need a new card it's pretty quick to assemble them. The Eskimo ladies up here make such beautiful parkas so I thought my little cards should reflect what is worn by them.

2 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Love all your designs! Nice to see all your cards.

Thanks so much for sharing.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards good job,
Greeting from Belgium louisetet passion dogs,scrap digit, fotos land links blog vertpomme, québec, likasi congo fotos+ Melody daughter in Thailand of webmaster likasi
My second blog:

http://www.aufeminin.com/mon-espace/retriever6